￼SGK Home Improvements
Condition of sale
In these conditions, SGK window services Ltd T/A SGK Home Improvements is referred to as “the Company” and the person signing the Contract is referred to as “the Customer”.
1. The type of individual panes of double-glazing and their arrangement shall in the absence of any special arrangement detailed in the Contract be determined by the Company. Glass used by the Company in its double-glazing units shall be of a thickness and weight determined by the Company’s technical surveyors. The Company excludes liability for optical effects attributable to natural phenomena.
2. Only glass from British suppliers of the highest reputation will be used in the Company’s double-glazing units but no guarantee is given that any glass so used is perfect; SAVE AS AFORESAID the Company guarantees for 10 years all materials incorporated in the factory manufacture of its sealed Double Glazing Units SUBJECT to the conditions of the Company’s separate printed guarantee form.
3. The customer has a fourteen day cooling off period, although time is not the essence of this contract the work will be commenced as soon as possible but liability cannot be accepted for any delay due to circumstances beyond the Company’s control.
4. Whilst Sealed Units Double glazing normally reduces condensation this cannot be guaranteed. However, it is guaranteed that condensation will not appear within the sealed units.
5. The Customer will give access to the premises to the Company its servants and workman at all reasonable times so that the Company may complete the installation in accordance with this Contract.
6. Any alterations to the pelmets or blinds necessary to the house double glazing are the responsibility of the Customer.
a. Any plaster or rendering work will be unpainted, no redecorating work is included.
b. The re-fixing of internal items e.g. curtain rails, telephone and television aerials, security alarms etc. shall be the
responsibility of the Customer except when specifically included in the contract.
7. During installation any repairs found necessary to the premises due to deterioration of brickwork, mortar, pebble dash render, felt roofing etc. shall be the responsibility of the Customer.
8. The Company cannot accept any responsibility for any glass breakage after installation.
9. All work and materials are guaranteed for a period in accordance with the Company’s separate printed guarantee form.
10. Where the Company has arranged a personal loan on behalf of the Customer, the monthly repayments will commence one month after installation.
11. Orders will not be processed until deposits have cleared SGK account. For agreed cash orders payment of the sum of money specified in the contract shall be immediately due upon completion of the installation. Payment may be made either by cash, cheque or credit/debit card and will be charged at 2.5% for credit cards and £0.50 for debit cards. Interest shall be charged at 2.5% over Lloyds Bank base rate for the time being in force on any overdue balance on a daily basis until payment is made.
12. Our representative is authorised to accept a cheque or cash with this order. Our installer is similarly authorised to accept payment, when works are completed. All cheques are to be made payable to the Company. It is understood that there agreements between the Company’s representative and the Customer other than those embodied in this contract.
13. This contract is binding on both parties and is not subject to cancellation. The Company does however, reserve the right to cancel this order, if upon receipt of our surveyors working detail we consider with due consultation with the Customer that satisfaction is not likely to be received with this installation.
N.B. ANY REQUEST FOR SERVICING UNDER THE COMPANY’S WRITTEN GUARANTEE MUST BE MADE IN WRITING AND INCLUDE DETAILS OF SERVICING REQUIRED.
14. Work required under the terms of our guarantee will not be carried out whilst there is any outstanding money due to the Company.
15. The installation will be deemed to be complete when the product is installed, glazed and sealed; the invoice balance is then due. Minor defects, blemishes or adjustments which become apparent following the installation will then be dealt with under our terms of guarantee.
Telephone 0845 250 8837 Fax 0845 2508838 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.sgkwindows.co.uk
￼SGK Home Improvements